Diminished Value Method, LLC was formed in 2010 by Adjuster Keith A. Smith due to an observation that diminished value claims in Louisiana were rarely being effectively pursued, and the methods being used by insurance companies to evaluate the losses were unfair and flawed.
Since our inception, our goal has always been to offer quality diminished value appraisals in a timely manner at an affordable price. By focusing on the Louisiana market and utilizing professionalism combined with standardized appraisal principals, we have developed a method that is widely accepted by insurance professionals and Louisiana courts.
Keith is a licensed Louisiana Adjuster (LA Adj. Lic. No. 470196). He is also an IACP Certified Auto Appraiser and member of The Bureau of Certified Auto Appraisers. You can view his current license status at this link or download his curriculum vitae at the following link. He is known by local Used Car Managers and Body Shop professionals as “Mr. Diminished Value.” He has a 1988 B.A. degree in insurance from Morehouse College, and over 21 years of claims experience. Keith started as an auto claims adjuster in 1995 working for USAgencies and moved up to the title of litigation specialist. Before becoming an appraiser that handles diminished value only, he worked for the following insurance companies:
- Aug 2008 to Aug 2009 – Adjuster for Trinity Insurance Services, Inc., Mandeville, LA
- Aug 2004 to Jul 2007 – Adjuster for Cannon Cochran Management Services, Inc., New Orleans, LA
- Nov 2002 to Aug 2004 – Adjuster for AIG Claim Services, Inc., New Orleans, LA
- Mar 2001 to Apr 2002 – Adjuster for Cunningham Lindsey U.S., Inc., Metairie, LA
- Nov 1996 to Jan 2000 – Automobile Liability Litigation Specialist for USAgencies Casualty Insurance Company, Inc., Baton Rouge, LA
- Mar 1992 to Nov 1996 – Adjuster for Risk Management, Inc., Baton Rouge, LA
Keith has handled thousands of automobile liability claims and has extensive knowledge of Diminished Value claims nationwide. He is respected in the industry and is occasionally hired by insurance companies when they have trouble settling a claim. He has the experience to consider the specific details of your case, and to adequately evaluate your loss.